Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Digital Painting

Hello Readers!

I decided to do a painting of the beach I grew up visiting. I tried my best to adhere to the proper artist's sequence in creating the piece. First I did a bunch of comps on paper.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I chose one that works almost perfectly on the 1/3 rules. And then went ahead and did a color comp in watercolor.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Needless to say, this was a complete waste of effort because of nature's adherence to Gargiulo's Law of P+ApM(T)=F (Phill+Analog Painting Materials (Time) = Failure). So I ditched the water color effort and moved straight to digital. Two days (and five cups of coffee) later I came up with this.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I pretty satisfied with it and it represents exactly what I had in mind...it just isn't exactly Ortley Beach. I hope you enjoy. And Tiffany, you'll just have to wait for Laocoan...that might take some time.

Satisfied,
Phill

P.s.- Right click on the images and then choose "View Picture" to get full views. Does anyone know a good hosting site that won't put ridiculous links on the bottom of my pictures and will still do a decent job?

3 comments:

DefunctProduct said...

I think you invented a form of algebra I understand. If thats even the math that has all the equations inhabiting the surface of that harsh planet.

colleen said...

flickr.com has always been good to me.

love.

consumed said...

beautiful painting, and photobucket.com